Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
from Wegman's menu magazine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups seafood stock
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat basting oil in a brasing pan on medium-high. Add shallots and garlic; cook, stirring, about 1 minute, until softened but not browned.
- Add wine and red pepper flakes; cook 3-5 mins until liquid is reduced to one-third.
- Add seafood stock, marinara sauce, capers, olives, and rosemary; heat to 170 degrees simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 min to combine flavors.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper; place skinned side up, in pan.
- Turn salmon over,; poach 5 minute Turn salmon over; poach, cover 5-7 mins, until internal temp reaches 130 degrees.
- Remove pan from heat; let rest at least 2 minutes.