1/1 Photo of Poached Eggs With Slow Cooked Spicy Lentils
Easy to prepare and fancy on the plate. Inexpensive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup red lentil, rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- chili flakes
- 4 eggs, poached
- 1In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onions, and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, and black pepper.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly, for one more minute.
- 5Add lentils, tomatoes, and stock. Bring to boil. Transfer to slow cooker.
- 6Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- 7Stir in coconut milk, salt, and chili flakes.
- 8Cover and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- 9Ladle into soup bowls and top with a poached egg.
- 10In order to make in advance:.
- 11Complete steps until mixture is placed into slowcooker.
- 12Refrigerate overnight and then transfer to slowcooker.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Eggs With Slow Cooked Spicy Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.6
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 124.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: