Recipe by I'mPat
From little ideas diabetes cook book. Always on the look for healthy breakfasts.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
We thoroughly enjoyed this for breakfast today. I had a bunch of silverbeet (Swiss chard) on hand instead of baby spinach, so chopped it finely and saut?ed it with 1/2 of a finely chopped onion. I piled this mixture on the toast and topped it with two eggs for each person, oyster sauce and sliced shallot. The oyster sauce adds a wonderful flavour dimension, and next time I'll be sure to have some chillies on hand. Thanks for posting.
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bread (sprouted wholegrain, essene)
- 100 g spinach (3 1/3oz baby English)
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 chili (red large thinly slice)
- 2 spring onions (sliced scallions)
Directions See How It's Made
- Half fill a fry pan with water and place over medium heat until just simmering.
- Crack one egg at a time onto a plate and slide off the plate into the water.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile toast the bread until golden and top with the spinach and eggs and then drizzle the eggs with the oyster sauce and sprinkle with the chilli and spring onions.