Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
I came up with this on a whim because I love Harissa and I love poached eggs. Kicks it up a bit :) Please adjust the amount of Harissa to your liking and multiply the Harissa oil as needed depending on the amount of eggs or the amount of oil you want on each egg.
Directions See How It's Made
- First prepare the oil by placing the harissa and oil into a little bowl. Then poach your eggs.
- Fill a small skillet with water.
- Bring water to a full boil.
- Reduce heat to just below simmering.
- Add 1 teaspoon vinegar.
- Break egg carefully into water.
- If white spreads, push it toward center with a spoon.
- Cook for approximately 4 minutes, depending on desired firmness and how soft you wan the yolk.
- Remove egg with a slotted spoon.
- mix the oil and harissa together to make an emulsion and drizzle over the eggs.
- Serve on your favorite bread or toast or eat as is.