Recipe by conniecooks
A vey tasty breakfast for two. Can easily be multiplied. It would also make a great lunch. This recipe comes from Jamie Kennedy. But I have made a few changes.
- 6 slices bacon, cut in to small pieces (about 1/2 inch)
- 1 small onion, fnely diced
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt & pepper
- 1 large ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 liters water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 fresh eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon is almost crisp. Do not fry it crisp.
- Add onion and saute 2 minutes.
- Drain fat and set aside bacon & onion.
- Peel potatoes and grate. I use the food processoe for this.
- Place in towel and squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
- Place in bowl and toss with salt & pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in non stick pan over medium heat.
- Place 1/2 potato in pan, arrange in a circle and press down with back of lifter or spoon.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the bacon mixture on top.
- Fry till crisp and golden on bottom.(about 5 minutes).
- Carefully turn with wide spatula, tucking under any stray bacon and onion.
- Fry 5 more minutes.
- Carefully place on baking sheet bacon side up and keep warm in oven. 250F - 300°F.
- Repeat with remaining potato & bacon mixture.
- Slice Tomato and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Bring Water to boil.
- Add vinegar.
- Gently break eggs into swirling, boiling water ( the swirling helps to keep the egg in a nice round shape).
- Simmer 3 - 4 minutes depending on taste.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Place Rosti (Poatato) on warmed plates, arrange tomato on top, carefully arrange egg on top of tomato.
- Serve immediately.