A vey tasty breakfast for two. Can easily be multiplied. It would also make a great lunch. This recipe comes from Jamie Kennedy. But I have made a few changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon is almost crisp. Do not fry it crisp.
- 2Add onion and saute 2 minutes.
- 3Drain fat and set aside bacon & onion.
- 4Peel potatoes and grate. I use the food processoe for this.
- 5Place in towel and squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
- 6Place in bowl and toss with salt & pepper.
- 7Heat 1 tbsp butter in non stick pan over medium heat.
- 8Place 1/2 potato in pan, arrange in a circle and press down with back of lifter or spoon.
- 9Sprinkle 1/2 the bacon mixture on top.
- 10Fry till crisp and golden on bottom.(about 5 minutes).
- 11Carefully turn with wide spatula, tucking under any stray bacon and onion.
- 12Fry 5 more minutes.
- 13Carefully place on baking sheet bacon side up and keep warm in oven. 250F - 300°F.
- 14Repeat with remaining potato & bacon mixture.
- 15Slice Tomato and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- 16Bring Water to boil.
- 17Add vinegar.
- 18Gently break eggs into swirling, boiling water ( the swirling helps to keep the egg in a nice round shape).
- 19Simmer 3 - 4 minutes depending on taste.
- 20Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- 21Place Rosti (Poatato) on warmed plates, arrange tomato on top, carefully arrange egg on top of tomato.
- 22Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Eggs With Bacon Rosti and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (1435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.7
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 288.2 mg
- Sodium 752.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 19.2 g