Poached Eggs With Asparagus
- Steam the asparagus over a pan of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the spears.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the vinegar.
- Whisk the water to create a whirlpool and once settled, crack in an egg.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, remove the poached egg carefully with a slotted spoon and repeat the process with the remaining eggs.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan and stir in the lemon juice and tarragon.
- Place 5 or 6 freshly steamed asparagus spears on each brioche slice.
- Top with a poached egg and spoon over the tarragon butter sauce.
- Serve at once.