Copyright, 2006, Ellie Krieger, All rights reserved From the Show: Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger on Food Network. This looks awesome!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 2 sweet potatoes, baked for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F, cooled, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked diced herb-roasted turkey breast (4 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- hot sauce, for serving
- 1In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the onion and thyme and cook, stirring, until softened and beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes, turkey, salt and some pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are beginning to brown, about 3 minutes longer.
- 2Add the broth, scraping up any brown bits that may have formed on bottom of pan. Keep warm while poaching the eggs.
- 3Fill a saute pan with 1 1/2 inches of water and the vinegar and bring to a simmer. Break 1 egg into a small bowl and then carefully pour it into the water. Repeat with the remaining eggs spacing them so they do not touch. Poach at a gentle simmer until the whites are firm but the yolks are still runny, 3 to 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Divide the hash between 4 plates and top each serving with a poached egg. Serve with hot sauce.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Eggs W/ Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast and Sweet Potato Hash
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.7
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 256.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: