Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Copyright, 2006, Ellie Krieger, All rights reserved From the Show: Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger on Food Network. This looks awesome!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 2 sweet potatoes, baked for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F, cooled, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked diced herb-roasted turkey breast (4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- hot sauce, for serving
- In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the onion and thyme and cook, stirring, until softened and beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes, turkey, salt and some pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are beginning to brown, about 3 minutes longer.
- Add the broth, scraping up any brown bits that may have formed on bottom of pan. Keep warm while poaching the eggs.
- Fill a saute pan with 1 1/2 inches of water and the vinegar and bring to a simmer. Break 1 egg into a small bowl and then carefully pour it into the water. Repeat with the remaining eggs spacing them so they do not touch. Poach at a gentle simmer until the whites are firm but the yolks are still runny, 3 to 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the hash between 4 plates and top each serving with a poached egg. Serve with hot sauce.