Poached Eggs & Smashed Avocado on Toast
- Bring a pot of cold water to a boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil, put your bread in toaster oven to toast and crack egg into water being careful not to break the yolk. I crack mine into a coffee mug and submerge the mug at an angle, allowing a bit of water to get in then slide the egg into the water.
- Bring back up to a boil then turn off heat. Let stand about 2-3 minutes depending on how runny you like your egg.
- Meanwhile, toast should be done. Transfer to plate and smear with avocado.
- with a slotted spoon, carefully remove poached egg and let all water drain off. Transfer to paper towel for a second to insure all water is off if you want to be picky.
- Place on top of the avocado toast and sprinkle heavily with course sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.