1/1 Photo of Poached Eggs on Roasted Veggies
Abby Girl's Note:
I was recently visiting my sister back east and she was experimenting recipes on me. This was one that came home with me!!! Works well as part of a brunch menu served with fruit salad --or-- a light dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat mushrooms and squash with dressing. Place on baking dish. Broil 6" from heat until peppers and squash soften and brown; about 5 minutes. Turn peppers.
- 2Add mushrooms and broil until they are soft; about 3 minutes. Turn mushrooms and continue to broil unto cooked through.
- 3In a large skillet, poach eggs until cooked. Toast muffins.
- 4To Serve: Take 1 English muffing, top it with a portobello mushroom, then add some peppers and squash. Top with poached egg. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley if desired. If you want to get really fancy, drizzle the plate with a balsamic vinegar glaze.
- 5Variation: You could change the peppers to orange or green -- change the summer squash to zucchini.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Eggs on Roasted Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 213.3 mg
- Sodium 609.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 12.8 g