1/1 Photo of Poached Eggs on Field Salad With Tomato Sauce and Caviar
Shirl (J) 831's Note:
This is one of my adopted recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 eggs
- 200 g field salad greens (mache, corn salad)
- 1 1/2 liters water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 30 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons concentrated tomato paste
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 ml cream
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons oil (use olive or grape oil for health reasons)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (I prefer white balsamic)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 50 g black caviar
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 8 parts each
- 1Start with the sauce, so you can serve this immediately:.
- 2Melt the butter and add the onion.
- 3Don't brown them!
- 4Add tomato paste, cream, eggyolk, salt, pepper and sugar and let simmer on low heat until you have creamy sauce.
- 5In the meantime boil water with vinegar.
- 6Mix oil, vinegar and soy sauce.
- 7Put lettuce on individual plates.
- 8Sprinkle with dressing.
- 9Break eggs separately into a cup and slip into the hot water.
- 10Poach eggs 5-7 minutes in water (water shouldn't be bubbling at the time).
- 11Take the eggs carefully out of the water and trim the edges.
- 12Place the eggs on the salad (1 per plate if you use this as an appetizer), decorate with tomato sauce, tomato parts and sprinkle with caviar.
- 13Looks nice if you manage to cover some of the egg with the red sauce and place the caviar on top.
- 14Serves 8 as appetizer, 4 with some bread for a light dinner.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Eggs on Field Salad With Tomato Sauce and Caviar
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.4
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 642.3 mg
- Sodium 624.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 20.4 g