Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found on the Oprah site. Wanted to save and share with others.
- 2 large idaho potatoes, cleaned and grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, whisked with a fork until frothy
- 8 poached eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients.
- On a nonstick baking sheet, spread 1/4 cup of potato mixture into a pancake about 4 inches in diameter.
- Fill the sheet with pancakes and spray them with vegetable spray.
- Bake until crispy, about 10-15 minutes.
- Turn over, and cook another 10-15 more minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Top each pancake with two poached eggs
- Serve with 2 slices of whole grain toast or your favorite toasted bread.
thanks this was very good and a nice change from toast