- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup extra firm tofu, 1/4 inch dice (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 cups kale, deveined and finely chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, salt, and crusher red pepper flakes. Let the onions soften up a bit - a couple minutes. Stir in the tofu if you are using it - let that heat up and brown a tad.
- Now stir in the garlic and greens. Cook the greens for a couple minutes, until they collapse and soften up. Stir in the pre-cooked rice and saute until hot. Remove from heat, and set aside. Taste for seasoning as well.
- Fill a wide-mouthed saucepan with 3-4 inches of water and a teaspoon of vinegar and bring to a simmer. Poach each egg separately in the water.
- Divide the rice between four bowls and serve each topped with one of the poached eggs.