Recipe by Darlene Summers
When I was a young girl I did not know what a poached egg was. We were raised on a farm where we got fried or scrambled eggs because there were too many of us to get special treatment. So we all got the same thing. I figure there are some out there who do not know how to poach an egg.
Top Review by robyn win
Once the water is simmering, stir the water several times in a clock-wise or anti-clockwise direction, (one or the other) to create a 'whirlpool'. Drop the eggs one by one into this whirlpool and they will stay rounded in shape.
Directions See How It's Made
- Use an egg poacher and follow manufacturers directions.
- ~~~~~~OR Fill a small skillet with water.
- Bring water to a full boil.
- Reduce heat to just below simmering.
- Add 1 teaspoon vinegar.
- Break egg carefully into water.
- If white spreads, push it toward center with a spoon.
- Cook for approximately 4 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
- Remove egg with a slotted spoon.
- Serve on English muffin or toast.