Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
This decedent adventure reminds me of Mae West's quote "When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better" NOT good for you, but easy, and oh so good!!!
- In small pan bring water (and vinegar if using) to a soft boil.
- Meanwhile, toast and butter (or otherwise dress) English muffin halves.
- Drop egg yolks into simmering water and cook for one min (or less) until done to desired consistancy.
- Place yolk on top of muffin and break so that it can soak in to the muffin.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
I loved these; however, I don't like messing around with the saucepan. So I put 1/3 c. water in a custard cup, added a couple drops of vinegar, then added the egg yolks. With my microwave, it took 25 seconds for them to be deliciously liquid and ready for spreading.
Brilliant solution to the 'after meringues what do I do?' plus Michelle doesn't like egg whites! We do these on just thick toasted bread for breakfast or a snack. Salt is essential and IMHO white pepper is much better than black. Thanks so much for posting Regards, John
What a wonderful idea, I love yolks but can do without the whites. I always over cook my yolk trying to get the whites done so they don't run.........YUK!!!!!! Guess what I am gonna go do right now?????? Thanks for sharing Lydia NM