Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great main-dish salad in the summer, when you don't feel like heating up the house too much. You can roast peppers yourself, if you don't want to buy the ready-made ones.
- 200 g spanish chorizo sausage, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 (300 g) jarof roasted mixed peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 100 g black olives, pitted
- 50 g watercress, washed
- 50 g rocket, washed
- 50 g spinach, washed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat a frying pan and dry fry the chorizo for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Add the peppers and olives and cook for another 2 minutes until hot.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Mix the salad leaves and then divide the mixture between 4 plates.
- Half fill a large, clean frying pan with water and bring just to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and break in the eggs, one at a time.
- Increase the heat to bring the water back to a gentle simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Lift each egg out carefully with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Carefully place the eggs on top of the salad and arrange the chorizo mixture around the edge.
- Drizzle over a little of the oil from the frying pan as well as the balsamic vinegar.
- Season and serve with crusty bread.