Recipe by SweetySJD
I just made this up one morning. Poached eggs on toast is a comfort food for me and I just added a little twist on it.
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the bread.
- Put the avocado on the toast and sprinkle with feta cheese. Set aside.
- Now for the poached egg, I do it the old fashioned way like my mom taught me. Fill a small pot with water about 3/4 full. Bring the water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, crack the egg into a small bowl.
- When the water is boiling, turn down the burner slightly, get a spoon and stir the water fast, making a "whirlpool". Drop the egg into the center and let it finish swirling. Leave it in there a couple minutes until it's the consistancy you prefer. I like my yolks runny.
- Take the egg out with a slotted spoon and jiggle to drain as much water as possible.
- Plop the egg on top of the avocado and feta and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.