Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I just made this up one morning. Poached eggs on toast is a comfort food for me and I just added a little twist on it.
- Toast the bread.
- Put the avocado on the toast and sprinkle with feta cheese. Set aside.
- Now for the poached egg, I do it the old fashioned way like my mom taught me. Fill a small pot with water about 3/4 full. Bring the water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, crack the egg into a small bowl.
- When the water is boiling, turn down the burner slightly, get a spoon and stir the water fast, making a "whirlpool". Drop the egg into the center and let it finish swirling. Leave it in there a couple minutes until it's the consistancy you prefer. I like my yolks runny.
- Take the egg out with a slotted spoon and jiggle to drain as much water as possible.
- Plop the egg on top of the avocado and feta and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
I already adore avocado toast - adding a creamy poached egg + tangy feta really took my breakfast to the next level this a.m. Thanks for posting this great spin!
A thoroughly enjoyable breakfast thankyou SweetySJD, even though I slightly overcooked my egg as I like the yolk really runny but that was my fault for not keeping a closer eye on it and after I had eaten I realized that in my sleepy state I forgot the fetta but as I will be making this again (avocadoes are well priced at the moment) I will make sure I do it properly. Made for 123 Hits tag game. UPDATE - made again and remembered the fetta and WOW fantastic with the creaminess of the avocado and silky egg.
This was yummy. My poached egg didn't look pretty but the taste was wonderful. Didn't feel like cooking but wanted some comfort..the feta really is amazing on the avocado and egg.