1/4 Photos of Poached Egg Avocado Surprise
I just made this up one morning. Poached eggs on toast is a comfort food for me and I just added a little twist on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast the bread.
- 2Put the avocado on the toast and sprinkle with feta cheese. Set aside.
- 3Now for the poached egg, I do it the old fashioned way like my mom taught me. Fill a small pot with water about 3/4 full. Bring the water to a boil.
- 4Meanwhile, crack the egg into a small bowl.
- 5When the water is boiling, turn down the burner slightly, get a spoon and stir the water fast, making a "whirlpool". Drop the egg into the center and let it finish swirling. Leave it in there a couple minutes until it's the consistancy you prefer. I like my yolks runny.
- 6Take the egg out with a slotted spoon and jiggle to drain as much water as possible.
- 7Plop the egg on top of the avocado and feta and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Egg Avocado Surprise
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.4
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 188.9 mg
- Sodium 515.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 14.1 g