Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great brunch or light supper without a lot of fuss. Actually, this is good any time of day. And it's low calorie.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 6 ounces mesclun or 6 ounces other mixed salad greens
- 4 slices multi-grain bread
- 3⁄4 cup alfalfa sprout
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Poach eggs to desired doneness.
- Toss greens with salad dressing; toast the bread, tear it into pieces and toss it with the salad.
- Place the salad on four plates and top each with an egg; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with sprouts.
This was quite interesting! Makes a great brunch. The only things I did different is I used Balsamic Vinegar and I seasoned my cubed toast with dried herbs.