Chef #803079's Note:
This is a great fish dish from the Oprah Magazine Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 11. To make the vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, combine shallots, olives, and orange juice; mix well.
- 22. Slowly stir in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper if desired and set aside.
- 33. To make fish: in a large, deep skillet, combine 1 cup water, wine, fennel seeds, orange juice, lemon juice, and bay leaves.
- 44. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- 55. Add fish and sprinkle with salt. Poach until opaque, about 7 minutes.
- 66. Remove fish with a slotted spatula and transfer to a service dish. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Cod With Olive Oil Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.7
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 283.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 31.3 g