Poached Cod With Olive Oil Vinaigrette
- 1. To make the vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, combine shallots, olives, and orange juice; mix well.
- 2. Slowly stir in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper if desired and set aside.
- 3. To make fish: in a large, deep skillet, combine 1 cup water, wine, fennel seeds, orange juice, lemon juice, and bay leaves.
- 4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- 5. Add fish and sprinkle with salt. Poach until opaque, about 7 minutes.
- 6. Remove fish with a slotted spatula and transfer to a service dish. Drizzle with vinaigrette.