Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from my sister, but to give credit where credit is due, she said it came from the cookbook "Cooking the Whole Foods Way." She might have slightly modified the original recipe.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Select a deep pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Saute onion in olive oil uncovered over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add capers and carrots; saute 2 minutes. Add green onion.
- Lay chicken over top of vegetables. Add just enough water to cover bottom of pan; add soy sauce.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done. Add more water, if needed, to keep pan from going dry.
- Add a handful of spinach until wilted, if desired. Top with juice of one lemon (or to taste).