1/1 Photo of Poached Chicken Portuguese
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup scallion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered saffron (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallions and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add garlic and hot pepper sauce; cook 1 minute.
- 3Add tomatoes, vinegar, bay leaf, cloves, Worcestershire sauce, saffron and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 4Place chicken on top of sauce, cover, and simmer 15-20 minutes until chicken is tender and cooked through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Chicken Portuguese
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 285.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 49.8 g