Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an adopted recipe from the Adoption Drive of Feb 2005. I hope you will try it out and like it! Please share your comments. Thanks.
- Use as many chicken breasts as you need for dinner.
- Preheat oven at 350F or 180°C Remove skin & bone, cut into 2 parts and place in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter.
- Salt to taste.
- Cover closely and bake about 15 minutes.
- Do not overcook; pierce with fork to be sure thickest part is done. If your chicken is cold, then the outside may cook slightly faster than the inside.
- Use pan juices as a sauce.
Great, easy and flavorful way to prep chicken breasts. I didn't have a cover so I had to improvise with a pie tin and was surprised by how moist they were and the nice sauce they created. I used boneless skinless packed breasts and did cook them at 375 for 40 minutes to get them to 175/180.
Easy peasy way to get wonderfully moist and delicious chicken. I did need to cook for close to a half hour to bring to 175 degrees. I used a mixture of garlic and herbs instead of salt but did add a bit of salt when it was done. I used the chicken for panini's and it worked great. The leftover chicken will make a great chicken salad sandwich. Thanks for sharing this wonderful way to poach chicken.
Very easy way to make moist chicken breasts. I replaced butter with olive oil and salt with poultry seasoning and garlic powder, to make it a little more heart healthy. I guess my chickens were still defrosting, so it took more like 45 minutes to cook through. Thanks for the idea.