Recipe by SweetSueAl
From Diabetic Gourmet.com I love swiss cheese and spinach. It sounds like a good combination. Haven't tried yet.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 ounces spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 6 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a mallet or meat tenderizer, pound the chicken breasts until the meat is flat and even.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add a layer of spinach and a slice of Swiss cheese. Roll each breast tightly to ensure that the filling can not escape.
- Wrap each breast tightly in aluminum foil.
- In a deep pan, bring the water to a boil.
- Place the foil-wrapped breasts into the water. Use a heat-proof plate to weigh the chicken breasts down and keep them completely submerged in the water.
- Allow them to simmer in the water for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is completely done.