From Diabetic Gourmet.com I love swiss cheese and spinach. It sounds like a good combination. Haven't tried yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a mallet or meat tenderizer, pound the chicken breasts until the meat is flat and even.
- 2Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3Add a layer of spinach and a slice of Swiss cheese. Roll each breast tightly to ensure that the filling can not escape.
- 4Wrap each breast tightly in aluminum foil.
- 5In a deep pan, bring the water to a boil.
- 6Place the foil-wrapped breasts into the water. Use a heat-proof plate to weigh the chicken breasts down and keep them completely submerged in the water.
- 7Allow them to simmer in the water for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is completely done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Chicken Breast With Spinach and Swiss Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.2 mg
- Sodium 198.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 35.6 g