Recipe by Abby Girl
This recipe is so handy to have cooked chicken on hand for casseroles, burritos, fajitas, chicken pot pies, pasta, stir fries, pizza, chicken sandwiches, soups, salads...... Can't get any easier than this!!! My crockpot gets heavy duty time in the summer when all we want to eat is salads and you don't want to get the big oven going! The chicken comes out moist and suprisingly, very taste
Top Review by nemokitty
This was very handy and easy! I cut this in half because that's all the chicken I had in the freezer. I added some cajun seasoning after they were done and hubby and I had dinner ready. Loved the crockpot method! Keeping this one close by! Made for I Recommend Tag Game 2010.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14 1⁄2 ounces low sodium chicken broth (Campbells or homemade would be prefereble)
- garlic, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour over the broth. Cover and cook on LOW for 1-1/2 - 2 hours or until cooked. Let cool.
- I chop the chicken and lay it flat in small freezer bags. By using this method, you can break off any amount of chicken that you need and it thaws out quicker. The chicken will keep frozen for 3 months.
- Note: I would start checking to see if the chicken is cooked after 1-1/4 hours. (The original recipe stated 8 hours but taking it out after 6 the chicken was so overcooked, it cut into strings) Alot of the timing dedpends on the crockpot and/or size of chicken breast. Remember, the timing will change if you add/subtract the amount of chicken breast using. The success of this recipe depends on the chicken broth you are using. I use Major chicken broth concentrate -- Campbell chicken broth would work very well. Knoor's chicken cubes are way too salty and the color is not very appealing.