Recipe by Dancer^
I do about 12 breasts at a time and freeze for sandwiches or wraps or I use it for stirfry's.
Top Review by CountryLady
This was perfect for the Club sandwiches that I made last night & what a great idea about advance preparation. I'll be 1 step ahead for those "Chef" and "Cobb" salads in the summertime. Thank you!!
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chablis or 1⁄2 cup other dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 10 black peppercorns
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a large saucepan; add water and remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove from heat, let stand, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Place chicken and poaching liquid in a large bowl; cover and chill, or, put just the chicken in freezer bags and freeze for another time.