Charlotte J's Note:
A French dessert recipe for poached cherries in vanilla and lemon syrup. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the water, sugar, vanilla bean, and lemon zest in a medium saucepan.
- 2Place over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
- 3Raise the heat to high and bring the syrup to a boil.
- 4Stir in the fruit and the lemon juice.
- 5Cover the fruit with a lid slightly smaller than the diameter of the saucepan.
- 6This will keep the fruit submerged in the syrup.
- 7Reduce the heat to low and cook about 8 minutes.
- 8Allow the fruit to cool in the syrup, still covered, to room temperature.
- 9Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 10To serve:.
- 11May be served as is, garnished with whipped cream.
- 12Or use as a garnish for cakes, filling for crepes or as an ice cream topping.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 59.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of