Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A French dessert recipe for poached cherries in vanilla and lemon syrup. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006
- Combine the water, sugar, vanilla bean, and lemon zest in a medium saucepan.
- Place over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Raise the heat to high and bring the syrup to a boil.
- Stir in the fruit and the lemon juice.
- Cover the fruit with a lid slightly smaller than the diameter of the saucepan.
- This will keep the fruit submerged in the syrup.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook about 8 minutes.
- Allow the fruit to cool in the syrup, still covered, to room temperature.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To serve:.
- May be served as is, garnished with whipped cream.
- Or use as a garnish for cakes, filling for crepes or as an ice cream topping.
Easy to make , the sauce could be a bit thicker. served over pound cake. Made for World tour 8
I made these for our dessert tonight and we really enjoyed them. I served them with a dollop of whipped cream, but would like to try them with some pound cake. Made for ZWT 8, Bistro Babes.
Very nice, although the water can be reduced easily by half to make a thicker (and more flavourful) poaching liquid/syrup (the cherries also released their own liquid). I removed the cherries after the stated cooking period and reduced the liquid for another 6-7 minutes to make it more syrupy. Lovely served on vanilla ice cream.