Recipe by Danzarth
I came up with this recipe when I was putting together my portfolio for culinary school. I wanted to do something a bit different, and I think I did just that. I served this with vanilla ice cream and sweetened whipped cream, and it worked out very well.
- 25 g roasted jalapenos, diced, seeds and membrane removed (about 1)
- 450 g pomegranate juice
- 1 lime, juice of
- 150 g sugar
- 4 large bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except bananas in saucepan over medium high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Halve bananas and remove peels. Place in boiling liquid and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until bananas are cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove bananas. Continue to cook liquid, keeping at a bare simmer, until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
- Strain syrup to remove pieces of jalapeno and pour into squeeze bottle.