Recipe by katew
from Inside Out magazine
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Super-sweet, so portions need to be small, but the smell of these cooking alone is worth 10 stars! These are fabulous mixed into plain yogurt or oatmeal, and they would probably go nicely as a topping over some plain vanilla ice cream. Thanks for posting! Made for The Hot Pink Panthers for ZWT9
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak apricots in cold water for 1/2 hour or more.
- Transfer with soaking water to large pan.
- Add sugar, scrape seeds from vanilla beans.
- Add seeds and pod to the pan.
- Bring slowly to a simmer.
- Cook gently till very tender - about 40 minutes.
- Cool then strain.
- Place strained off juice into pot and reduce over heat by 1/3 or.
- till syrupy.
- Cool then serve apricots and juice with cream.