A (very) hearty turkish snack, that works well as office lunch, snack or for picknicks. You can substitute fresh mint instead of parsley. Serve lukewarm or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 200 ml yoghurt (Turkish or Greek)
- 200 ml oil (canola)
- 300 g flour (or a tad more)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- salt (to taste)
- 1Mix yoghurt and oil and add 2 eggwhites.
- 2Salt lightly.
- 3Mix flour and baking powder and add to liquids.
- 4Mix until a rather soft dough forms.
- 5Crumble feta and add chopped parsley (or mint).
- 6Form balls (bit larger than a golf ball) out of the dough.
- 7Flatten dough and place one teaspoons of filling in the middle.
- 8Close dough around filling and try to put back into dough shape (roll around between your palms).
- 9Place balls on a baking tray and brush with egg yolk.
- 10Sprinkle with black cumin and bake at 180°C-200°C until crispy brown.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poaca - Turkish Feta Cheese Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (1153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3697.6
- Calories from Fat 2322
- Total Fat 258.0 g
- Saturated Fat 69.3 g
- Cholesterol 621.0 mg
- Sodium 4177.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 259.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 89.1 g