Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These brownies are three layers,cheesecake topped with chocolate icing.They have been a favorite of my families for years now.You can see why we call them PMS brownies! chocolate chocolate chocolate.I usually end up making a double recipe because they dont last very long.
- 1 (21 1/2 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) containerprepared chocolate frosting
- 1.Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 2.Prepare brownie mix according to the directions on the package. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- 3.In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and cornstarch until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over brownie batter.
- 4.Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is lightly browned. Allow to cool, spread with frosting, and cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator, or freeze in a single layer for up to 2 weeks.
I am not a huge fan of canned frosting and boxed brownies, but I was looking for something different and simple so I tried these. I have to say that they are incredible. The brownie part has a nice crunch, and the flavors are wonderful. Of course it needs to be refrigerated - it has a cheesecake layer! Yummy!
I made these for the first time a few months a go and am just now getting around to thanking you. They have become a new favorite in my family, we all love them and cannot thank you enough for sharing.
When I first made these, I was gonna give them 2 stars because of how sweet they were. But I decided to wait until they were in the refrigerator over night. Oh. My. God. These brownies are amazing. So good, so good. Make them. Do it. You won't regret it.