Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Have a delicious chocolatey treat in the evening without feeling guilty. This recipe comes from the 100 Calorie Snacks and More cookbook. These snack bars are made with peanut butter, molasses, ground flax seeds, crisp rice cereal, sliced almonds and bittersweet chocolate.
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place peanut butter in small microwaveable bowl; microwave on LOW (30%) 30 seconds or until peanut butter is melted. Stir in molasses; cool.
- Place egg whites and flax seeds in blender; blend until foamy. Pour into large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; stir until smooth. Stir in cereal and almonds until cereal is evenly coated. Press cereal mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Drizzle melted chocolate over bars.
- Tip: Look for ground flax seeds in large supermarkets or health food stores. You may also buy whole flax seeds and grind them in a coffee mill or blender.
These were so easy to make and very tasty! Thanks, Crafty Lady! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #80.