Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
To save time use store bought candied or crystallized ginger. Serve with ice cream.
- 2 lbs ripe dark purple plums, pitted and quartered
- 1⁄3 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put the plums in a buttered shallow 8 inch square baking pan just large enought to hold them.
- Toss the plums with the candied ginger. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the oats, sugar, butter, and flour. Pulse for a few seconds until coarsely chopped.
- The mixture will clump together.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the plums.
- Roast until the plums are bubbling and the top is browned, about 30 minutes.
- Scoop the ice cream into dessert bowls and spoon the warm plums on top.