1/3 Photos of Plums Poached in Earl Grey Tea
Pot Scrubber's Note:
Or as the French say, "Prunes Pochees au The Earl Grey." Submitted for the 'Zaar World Tour 2005. These sound good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the 6 cups of water into a large saucepan and bring it to a rolling boil. Remove from heat.
- 2Add the tea bags, cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove the tea bags, place the pan back over high heat and bring back to a boil.
- 4Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- 5Reduce the heat to medium low. The liquid should just be simmering, add the plums and poach until tender. The amount of time will vary from 1 minute to longer depending on the size and ripeness of the fruit.
- 6Remove the plums from the liquid and set aside to cool.
- 7Continue to simmer the liquid until it is the consistency of a light syrup.
- 8To serve:.
- 9Place the plums into small dessert bowls and ladle some of the poaching liquid.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plums Poached in Earl Grey Tea
Serving Size: 1 (1008 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 95.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: