Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The next time you have company over this is an easy but impressive desert. Topped with ice cream it is simply divine.
- 3 lbs plums, washed
- 3 ounces caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 pint marsala
- cornstarch (optional)
- Greek yogurt or ice cream, as a topping
- Stir the sugar into the marsala.
- Place the whole plums in an ungreased baking dish, lay in the cinnamon sticks and the vanilla pod and then pour over the marsala mixture.
- Bake at 180C for about 40 minutes.
- If you like a thicker sauce you could also mix a bit of cornstarch into the sauce before baking, but I like it runny.
- Serve with a dollop of greek yoghurt or ice cream on top.
- It's also good mixed into rice pudding.