1/1 Photo of Plumped Ginger-Caramel Shrimp
From the Splendid Table's How to Eat Supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup kosher salt (not iodized)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup medium chili powder
- 2 quarts warm water
- 1 1/2 lbs large frozen shrimp (in or out of their shells)
- 1For Brine: In a medium bowl, combine the salt, sugar, chili powder, and warm water.
- 2Add the shrimp and set aside for 20 minutes.
- 3For Saute: Drain the shrimp, peel off their shells, if necessary, and pat the shrimp dry.
- 4In a large deep skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, pepper, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 5Blend in the sugar and continue stirring until the garlic is pale gold; do not let it get dark brown.
- 6Drop in the shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes or until they are bright pink and barely firm.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plumped Ginger-Caramel Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.6
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 358.7 mg
- Sodium 15948.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: