1/2 Photos of Plump Pumpkin Muffins (With Extras!)
Low-ish fat, whole wheat, and, most importantly, high-taste muffins perfect for a snack or carryable breakfast. High in Vitamin A, and with a nice spice from three different additions. The varying liquid amounts will depend on which additions you are making to your batter -- for example, if using oats, err on the side of more milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 teaspoons cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon nutmeg (to taste)
- 1/4-3/4 teaspoon allspice (to taste)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 -1 1/2 cup white sugar (to taste, depends on how sweet you like your muffins)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -1 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (most of a can...)
- 3 cups quick oats (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional) or 1 cup cinnamon baking chips (optional)
- 1Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine the flour, salt, spices, and leavening in one bowl.
- 3If using raisins, set them in a bowl of hot water to soak.
- 4Add sugars to the flour mixture, cut together thoroughly.
- 5In a seperate bowl, beat together the pumpkin, oil, egg, and molasses.
- 6Add vanilla and milk to the pumpkin mixture and stir until well, until fully mixed.
- 7Add the liquid to the flour mixture, and stir thoroughly, until incorporated but lumpy.
- 8Add any extra additions, like raisins (should be well soaked, drain before adding), oatmeal, or chips.
- 9Measure by 1/3 or 1/4 cup into sprayed muffin tins. These rise nicely, so fill your tins a little higher than you usually would to get those bakery-muffin tops.
- 10Bake at 375 for 20 - 35 minutes, depending on extras chosen.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plump Pumpkin Muffins (With Extras!)
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 342.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g