Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This easy to make cake not only looks beautiful and is perfect for fall, but also tastes super yummy! You can play with this basic recipe by adding different nuts or using different fruits. You may also flavour the streusel topping differently.
- In a big bowl cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla for 8 minutes.
- In a second bowl combine flour, baking powder and walnuts. Add this to the butter mixture and stir to combine. The dough should be stiff, if its too runny add more flour until it drops very slowly from a spoon.
- Spread dough in a greased spring-form pan of 26 cm/10 inches in diameter.
- Top with the plums skin-side down lightly pressing the fruit into the dough.
- For the streusel topping combine all ingredients using your hands and very quickly knead into streusel.
- Sprinkle topping over plums.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for about 1 hours. Check the cake after 40 minutes and cover if necessary to prevent over browning.
- This is great with whipped cream!