Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a slightly altered version of a recipe I got from a fitness magazine. It is a dense cake, very different and yummy! Using the light ingredients I specified, it's relatively guilt-free.
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, unsalted
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 plums, sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free buttermilk
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Coat bottom of 9-inch round cake pan with melted butter and top evenly with brown sugar.
- Arrange slices of plum to cover pan, very slightly overlapping.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Beat together"wet" ingredients in large bowl.
- Gradually beat together wet and dry ingredients until smooth.
- Pour mixture over plums.
- bake for 35 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto plate to serve.
My family really loved this cake! It came out so pretty to! It has a lot of flavor and is moist...hard to believe this was homemade and not out of a box! Thanks for sharing it, my neighbor gave us a lot of plums from his tree!
so delicious, and easy to make
I made this for dessert and it was a big hit! To be honest, I decided that guilt wasn't going to worry me so I used sugar and ordinary buttermilk. I also cooked it for a little longer - 42 minutes. We had it with icecream or cream and it was just lovely. Thank you!