Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I love messing around with cake mix recipes and I love any kind of plums. I guess you could make this with a large can of plums, well drained, but I haven't tried this yet, but......
- 3⁄4 lb italian plum
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar, i use brownulated (which is granulated)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package poundcake mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour melted butter into 13x9 pan.
- Sprinkle toasted walnuts and brown sugar evenly in pan.
- Cut plums in half and remove pits, cut each half into 4 pieces and arrange over walnuts, overlapping pieces.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla and almond extracts.
- Pour batter over plums.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately loosen edges of cake with a knife.
- Invert cake onto a serving plate.
- Drizzle cake with any remaining brown sugar from cake pan.