Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was passed to me when I wasn't sure how to serve my grilled shrimp. This is from Cooks Illstrated and goes great with roasted clams, tuna swordfish, and bluefish. For a milder salsa, substitute a jalapeño for the serreno chile.
- 6 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 medium shallot, sliced thin
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Mix all ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Serve within 2 hours.