1 hr 10 mins
Helene G's Note:
The Rosh Hashona - Octoberfest favorite was lost for years. I have tried and tried to recreate and finally here it is. Considered a treasure by my family and friends. Serve with a little vanilla or cinnamon ice cream if desired
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3/4 cup almonds (sliced or blanched)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, 2 (may be omitted if using salted butter)
- 2 lbs black plums or 14 italian prune plums, ripe and pitted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 11. Grease a 10-inch tart or 9-inch springform pan.
- 22. Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
- 33. Using food processor, cream 1 cup sugar and butter together; add in eggs, vanilla, and almond extract.
- 44. Add almonds and 2 teaspoons cinnamon and continue to process.
- 55. Process in dry ingredients.
- 66. Pour into greased pan.
- 77. Slice plums and place on batter in a circular, overlapping pattern, fruit-side up.
- 88. Combine 2 Tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- 99. Sprinkle over top of fruit.
- 1010. Bake 60 minutes. Cool before serving.
- 1111. Best served slightly warm (may nuke for a few secs to warm).
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Tart (Not Lost Anymore)
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 146.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g