Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The Rosh Hashona - Octoberfest favorite was lost for years. I have tried and tried to recreate and finally here it is. Considered a treasure by my family and friends. Serve with a little vanilla or cinnamon ice cream if desired
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup almonds (sliced or blanched)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, 2 (may be omitted if using salted butter)
- 2 lbs black plums or 14 italian prune plums, ripe and pitted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1. Grease a 10-inch tart or 9-inch springform pan.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
- 3. Using food processor, cream 1 cup sugar and butter together; add in eggs, vanilla, and almond extract.
- 4. Add almonds and 2 teaspoons cinnamon and continue to process.
- 5. Process in dry ingredients.
- 6. Pour into greased pan.
- 7. Slice plums and place on batter in a circular, overlapping pattern, fruit-side up.
- 8. Combine 2 Tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- 9. Sprinkle over top of fruit.
- 10. Bake 60 minutes. Cool before serving.
- 11. Best served slightly warm (may nuke for a few secs to warm).