Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3. Germany.
Make and share this Plum-Streusel Kuchen recipe from Food.com.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chilled stick margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced plums (about 3/4 pound)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Place 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and ground cinnamon in a food processor, and pulse the mixture 2 to 3 times.
- With processor on, slowly add the oil and corn syrup through food chute, processing until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Remove the streusel mixture from the food processor, and set aside.
- Place 1 1/3 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a food processor, and pulse mixture 2 to 3 times.
- Add the margarine, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Place margarine mixture in a large bowl.
- Combine yogurt, water, vanilla, rind, and egg, and stir with a whisk.
- Stir yogurt mixture into margarine mixture in a large bowl until blended.
- Spoon batter into a 9-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half of streusel mixture evenly over batter.
- Top with plums, arranging in a circular pattern.
- Sprinkle the remaining streusel mixture evenly over the plums.
- Bake kuchen at 400° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
very good, the yogurt makes it so light! Love the fact it is made with food processor. I made a mistake and put half the batter then topping, then plums, then topping then the remaining batter. WOW! Stuffed plum cake! Oh, and I used lemon juice since I had no rind on hand.