Recipe by dicentra
This is from Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3. Germany.
Top Review by tranman
very good, the yogurt makes it so light! Love the fact it is made with food processor. I made a mistake and put half the batter then topping, then plums, then topping then the remaining batter. WOW! Stuffed plum cake! Oh, and I used lemon juice since I had no rind on hand.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chilled stick margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced plums (about 3/4 pound)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Place 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and ground cinnamon in a food processor, and pulse the mixture 2 to 3 times.
- With processor on, slowly add the oil and corn syrup through food chute, processing until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Remove the streusel mixture from the food processor, and set aside.
- Place 1 1/3 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a food processor, and pulse mixture 2 to 3 times.
- Add the margarine, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Place margarine mixture in a large bowl.
- Combine yogurt, water, vanilla, rind, and egg, and stir with a whisk.
- Stir yogurt mixture into margarine mixture in a large bowl until blended.
- Spoon batter into a 9-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half of streusel mixture evenly over batter.
- Top with plums, arranging in a circular pattern.
- Sprinkle the remaining streusel mixture evenly over the plums.
- Bake kuchen at 400° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.