1/1 Photo of Plum-Streusel Kuchen
This is from Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3. Germany.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chilled stick margarine or 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced plums (about 3/4 pound)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- 3Place 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and ground cinnamon in a food processor, and pulse the mixture 2 to 3 times.
- 4With processor on, slowly add the oil and corn syrup through food chute, processing until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 5Remove the streusel mixture from the food processor, and set aside.
- 6Place 1 1/3 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a food processor, and pulse mixture 2 to 3 times.
- 7Add the margarine, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Place margarine mixture in a large bowl.
- 8Combine yogurt, water, vanilla, rind, and egg, and stir with a whisk.
- 9Stir yogurt mixture into margarine mixture in a large bowl until blended.
- 10Spoon batter into a 9-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray.
- 11Sprinkle half of streusel mixture evenly over batter.
- 12Top with plums, arranging in a circular pattern.
- 13Sprinkle the remaining streusel mixture evenly over the plums.
- 14Bake kuchen at 400° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 15Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum-Streusel Kuchen
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.2
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 183.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g