Top Review by el
DON'T use skinless/boneless chicken breasts. Much too dry 8 hours in crockpot. I wound up making chicken salad! NOT crazy about the taste of the plum preserves either. Smelled better than it tasted "Too Easy To Be True" A big disappointment.
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts, to 2-1/2 and/or thighs and/or legs
- 2 cups sliced carrots, bias cut
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup plum preserves
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces pea pods, frozen,thawed
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion, bias cut
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Set chicken aside.
- In a 3-1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker place carrots; sprinkle with tapioca.
- Place chicken pieces atop carrots.
- In a bowl combine tomato sauce, plum jam or preserves, vinegar, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Pour over chicken pieces.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Stir in thawed pea pods.
- Arrange chicken over rice on platter.
- Skim fat from sauce; pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions.