Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this last week and it was incredible. I never thought that I'd be able to make a sorbet but this was lovely. When I made it it was a bit grainy, like a granita, which I liked. However, if you have more experience making sorbets I'm sure you can get the texture that you like. I also added a shot of tuica, which is a Romanian plum brandy like slivovica. If you can find this then use it because it intensifies the plum taste. The cooking time is freezing time.
- In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until uniform. There will be flecks of peel.
- Pour this into a cake layer pan.
- Freeze for about one hour, and then mix with a fork.
- Every half hour, keep mixing with a fork to break up the ice crystals.
- This takes about 3 hours to freeze.