3 hrs 10 mins
I made this last week and it was incredible. I never thought that I'd be able to make a sorbet but this was lovely. When I made it it was a bit grainy, like a granita, which I liked. However, if you have more experience making sorbets I'm sure you can get the texture that you like. I also added a shot of tuica, which is a Romanian plum brandy like slivovica. If you can find this then use it because it intensifies the plum taste. The cooking time is freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until uniform. There will be flecks of peel.
- 2Pour this into a cake layer pan.
- 3Freeze for about one hour, and then mix with a fork.
- 4Every half hour, keep mixing with a fork to break up the ice crystals.
- 5This takes about 3 hours to freeze.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Sorbet With Sloe Gin.
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 34.8 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: