Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a really great summertime dessert to serve at a dinner party.
Make and share this plum sorbet recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb plum, rinsed,pitted,sliced,and unpeeled
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Combine plums, orange juice, sugar, and orange peel in a blender.
- Use the puree button on your blender until it is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe dish, and put in your freezer for about 4 hours.
- About half an hour before you are ready to eat it, puree it one more time in your blender.
- You should keep it in the freezer until you're ready to eat.
Excellent! Great technique of reblending sorbet 1/2 hour before serving. Made it so creamy. Considered using my sorbet machine but followed recipe exactly. I'm sure the machine would not have produced a better result. Sparkling flavor, great palate cleanser and very pretty.
The process was easy and I'm glad peeling the plums was not required. The orange flavour was too overpowering. I added extra artificail sweetener (keep the calories down)but it was still very tart. I loved the colour. next time I would leave out the orange zest. This recipe would be great (5 stars) if the orangeflavour could be reduced.
The consistency was good and it is easy to make but I thought it was too orangey, even using about 1.25 lb. plums. I will serve it with vanilla ice cream to balance the tartness. Next time I will try about 1/2 cup OJ or less.