Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
- 1 (16 ounce) canwhole unpitted purple plums
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons bottled hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 lbs chicken wings, with drumettes (about 24 pieces)
- salt and pepper
- For sauce, drain plums, reserving liquid. Pit plums. In a food processor bowl or blender container, combine the pitted plums, reserved plum liquid, the orange juice concentrate, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and process or blend until mixture is nearly smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in the sesame seed.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling; test for medium heat above the pan.
- Sprinkle wings with salt and pepper; place wings in a single layer on the rack over the pan.
- Cover and grill for 20 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest portion of a wing reads 180 degree F and juices run clear.
- Brush wings occasionally with sauce during grilling.
- Heat any remaining sauce and pass with wings.
- Nutritional facts per serving.
- calories: 197, total fat: 11g, saturated fat: 3g, cholesterol: 47mg, carbohydrate: 13g, fiber: 1g, protein: 12g, vitamin C: 11%.
Very nice recipe and interesing with the fruit. Next time I will add some garlic and a chopped chili pepper or some hot sauce for an extrea kick.