Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Different than the other one posted here. From South of the Fork by the Junior League of Dallas. You can mix this up and heat it and then use it as a basting sauce for BBQ Lamb but you have to brush it on toward the end of cooking or it will char.
- 1⁄2 cup plum jelly
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, heaping, chopped
- 1 leg of lamb, butterflied, can use lamb chops too
- In a saucepan, combine jelly, mustard, sugar and vinegar and heat until jelly and sugar melt; simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the mint.
- Grill lamb and baste with the sauce in the 5-10 minutes of cooking because it will char if you baste too soon.
- Serve the sauce with the lamb.