1/3 Photos of Plum Raspberry Jam
Rollin in the Dough!'s Note:
So easy and so delicious! This jam is sweet with just a hint of tartness. For Christmas I gave out pint jars with home-made mini loaves of bread to my co-workers, after Christmas break they all said it was the best jam they had ever had, a few even asked if they could buy some from me because it was already gone!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill up canner with water and bring to a simmer.
- 2Meanwhile prepare jam, I use a food processor for plums and pulse to chop, do not puree, you still want little bits of fruit.
- 3In a large saucepan over med-high heat bring plums and sugar to a boil.
- 4Boil for 20 minutes, stirring often and skimming off any foam.
- 5After 20 minutes add jello, stir 2 min and until completely dissolved.
- 6Ladle quickly into sterilized hot jars; filling to within 1/4-1/2" of tops.
- 7With a clean damp towel wipe jar threads and rims.
- 8Place heated lids (lids that have been placed in simmering water for 1-2 minutes) on jars and tighten rings.
- 9Place jars on elevated rack in canner, lower rack into water (water must cover jars by 1-2") add BOILING water if needed.
- 10Cover bring water to a gentle boil and process for about 10 minutes.
- 11Remove jars and place upright on a towel to cool undisturbed completely (at least 24 hrs).
- 12After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger, if the lid springs back it did not seal, store unsealed jars in fridge and use up soon.
- 13Store unopened jams in a cool, dry, dark place.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Raspberry Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2604 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1383.1
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 337.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 332.4 g
- Protein 20.2 g