Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great straight for a cold Winter Day! Give away as Holiday gifts! Add to Cranberry,Apple Spiced Tea Cranberry,Apple Spiced Tea,hot apple juice,or tea. Soak a cooked chocolate cake with it(Chocolate spiced rum cake). Use the Liqueur to glaze pork roast, duck or a chicken!
- 20 italian plums, pricked with a fork
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla sugar (Flavored Sugar or Splenda)
- 1 (2 quart) bottle rum
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 piece orange zest, 1 x 3 inch
- 1 slice fresh ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place all the plums in a 2 quart canning jar follow with rest of ingredients saving rum for last so to use as much as needed.
- Let sit 2 months till all flavors blend and sugar dissolves.
Well, I've had this sitting since October and we finally had some tonight while getting the Christmas decorations out of the basement.....excellent! I made as Rita directed and plan to give some small bottles away as gifts and keep the rest for myself. Lots of nice flavors in this from the vanilla sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, orange and ginger. This is a keeper and will become a yearly tradition for us! Thanks Rita!
Made this in August when the plum tree was full. Opened the first jar in December and it tastes wonderful. Great flavors for winter. Like mulled wine without all the work. Will definitely make more next year. This won't last long around here.
Could you use honey for this? Half as much of course.